Monday, September 17, 2007

Is it really worth it?

If you live in New York, you see it everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE. No I'm not talking about homeless people or taxis; I’m talking about the Louis Vuitton Speedy bag. My personal favorite, 1 out of every 4 women are walking the streets of New York with this bag and I can guarantee that out of those 4 women only 1 is carrying the real thing. Louis Vuitton is one of the most replicated bags in Canal Street. Why cough up $700, if you can pay $20 for an “almost exact” copy? Considering that it is uses branding, Louis Vuitton is considered one of the best but poorly imitated. It is an ultra-luxury holding company which includes companies and brands such as, Dom Prignon, Veuve Clicquot, Tag Huer, Marc Jacobs, Fendi, and Kenzo among many others.
Believe me I understand not everyone can afford one of these bags, but why fake it? Buy a bag from Target for $20 instead, since the fake bag youre holding was illegally sold to you and illegally made and the real company doesn’t make any money from you buying this bag. Then again I can probably answer that question myself, for most people that have the real thing its about the quality its about the envy from others , the feeling of success and accomplishment and the people that have the fake it’s about the envy you get from others that don’t know you bought the bag off Canal Street.

No comments: